Advantages & Disadvantages of Android operating system In 2023: A lot of people compare Android to iPhones, i just laughed because they dont know, what and how useful an Android can be, when i was small, Java phone was the order of the day and when Android cam out i was like WOW, so we can have 3D games, clearer pictures, movies etc. on a Smart device. Android is an open source mobile operating system that was created specifically for touchscreen mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. It is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. The Open Handset Alliance, a group of developers, creates Android, which Google financially supports. The HTC Dream, the first commercial Android device, debuted in September 2008 after being unveiled in November 2007.
As implied by the name, Google LLC, a major player in technology, created Android. The Google Play Store offers more than 2 million apps for download and installation in Android-powered devices, demonstrating the enormous popularity of the Android Operating System in the world. This OS is supported by a wide range of devices, including PCs, TVs, watches, tablets, smartphones, and audio players.
Advantages of Android
- Multipurpose Chargers: The Apple Lightning connector is compatible with all mobile Apple products bought after 2012. If your Apple device is older than that, your newer device won’t be able to charge it. Without a Lightning to Micro USB adapter, the new Lightning connector cannot be used with devices other than Apple. Meanwhile, one benefit of Android is that its chargers already use the widely used and standardized Micro USB connection.
- Android Clearly Has an Advantage in That There Are More Phone Options: While Android users can choose from a variety of phone brands at various price points, Apple enthusiasts have a limited number of phones available for upgrades. The vast selection that customers have access to is demonstrated by lists like “top ten Android phones” and others. Having a variety of phones to choose from is advantageous not only financially but also in terms of the features and amenities that each device can provide. This degree of customization is yet another benefit of Android over iPhone.
- Adaptable Battery and Storage: An expensive upgrade is needed to increase the memory capacity of an iPhone or iPad. However, many Android devices have expandable microSD card slots when weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the iPhone vs. Android platforms. In order to replace just the battery rather than the entire phone, Android batteries are also detachable.
- Obtain the Top Android Widgets: Android devices gain functionality and flexibility from widgets, or standalone programs. One of the main factors favoring Android over Apple is this feature. For improving an Android user’s experience, some of the best widgets available include Circle Launcher and Battery Widget Reborn.
- Better Equipment: With better hardware, some Android flagship phones rival iPhone models well. For instance, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge outperforms the iPhone 6S Plus thanks to its faster processor, more RAM, larger battery, and higher screen resolution.
- Better Charging Options are Yet Another Advantage of Android: When it comes to the reasons why Android is superior to Apple, fast charging is more than enough of a draw. Wireless charging, however, is an additional benefit for Android users. In contrast to Apple, which only recently added this feature, Android has long benefited from the ability to wirelessly charge devices.
- Infrared: Why would having infrared on your Android make you happy? Consider wireless device to device communication; more importantly, it can serve as a TV remote. It may not come to mind as the first Android pro, but it does have some advantages.
- More App Options: Why Android Is Better Than iPhone: With Android devices, you can purchase apps from retailers such as Amazon outside of the Play Store. As a result, items like the top ten Android apps aren’t limited to a single platform. People now have greater access to apps and more options to meet their needs as a result.
- Individual Keyboards: There aren’t many alternatives if you don’t like your Apple keyboard. Again, when comparing the advantages and disadvantages of Android vs. iPhone in this area, Android wins out because it provides additional options like Swiftkey.
- Google Play Has Better Usability: Over a million apps are available for download from the Google Play store for Android and the Apple App Store. However, the App Store has limitations, such as the requirement that downloaded movies be played on Apple devices and an obligatory iTunes interface. Google Play, on the other hand, is a clear advantage of Android because it offers movies that can be viewed on any device with a web browser and uses a more open web interface for app downloads.
Disadvantages of Android
- Runs slowly on devices with low specifications: The Android operating system is enormous and takes up a lot of room. This explains why devices with less powerful hardware perform poorly under this OS. Additionally, it includes a number of pre-installed apps that make the smartphone even slower to use. This eliminates the ability to download third-party apps and causes the device to overheat.
- Does not provide the best virus defense: Unlike Apple devices, Android doesn’t come with built-in virus protection; instead, users must download antivirus software to shield their devices from infection. Numerous apps in the Google Play Store could be infected with viruses that would impair the device’s functionality.
- Background-running apps continue to function: Apps that are currently running in the background and that can be brought to the foreground automatically are still available on devices running older Android versions. The apps cannot come to the foreground in newer versions of Android, but if they are left running, they will inevitably drain the battery.
- App ads caused users to abandon the app: Users typically have to put up with a lot of advertisements when using apps that they download from the Play Store. You must purchase the license in order to use the service without any advertisements.
- It can be challenging to implement completely new app ideas: The Android market is difficult for brand-new apps to break into because the Play Store is already overrun with millions of apps. Companies are frequently reluctant to enter the Android market with cutting-edge concepts that will stand out.
- Numerous times, poor-quality apps let down users: Many of the apps available on the Play Store are of poor quality, and their only function is to generate revenue from the display of advertisements. Additionally, you might run into a number of apps that haven’t received an update in a while and end up having an impact on the updated operating system.
- Play Store usage requires a Google account: Android is a Google product, and in order to access the Play Store and sync devices belonging to other Google users, you must have a Google account.
After all is said and done, Android is still very popular among smartphone users all over the world because it is compatible with all kinds of devices. Android apps can be customized to give users the results they desire, boosting the popularity of the platform.