How to Change IP Address in Windows 10
How to Change IP addresses on Windows 10
Be sure that you make a backup in the event that there is a problem.
CHANGE IP ADDRESS USING CONTROL PANEL
1. Press Windows key and type Control Panel.
2. Click the Control panel.
3. Click on ‘ Network and Internet , after that, click ‘ Share and Network Center ‘.
4. Choose ‘ Change adapter settings on the left-hand side of the window.
5. Network connection windows will be opened.
6. Right-click on the network adapter you want to use and then click the Properties.
7. In the tab Networking, choose ‘ Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) ‘.
8. Click Properties.
9. In the IPv4 properties window choose” Select the appropriate IP address The radio button.
10.Enter your IP address you wish to use.
11.Enter your subnet’s mask. For a home-based local network it would have to be 255.255.255.0.
12. If you are in Default Gateway Enter the IP address of your router.
13. In the Preferred DNS Server Enter your IP address for the service that provides DNS resolution. This is typically the IP address of your router.
14.You may also include an alternative DNS server to connect to in the event that your device is unable to connect to the primary DNS server with the IP Address.
15. Select OK and apply settings.