Digital health; the good, the bad
Digital health is electronically connected to the various objects of care so that the instructions and information in the health sector can be shared. With enough resources and tools given to caregivers, they will manage the care services effectively and efficiently. And in the comfort of people’s homes, they can be monitored in sympathy and comfort.
Advantages of digital health
- Paying the bills is easier.
- Patients have a better approach and easy access to medical records.
- Saves time.
- Information is shared with the family.
- Easy access to test results.
- The patients enjoy digital data access.
Disadvantages of digital health
- Hackers can access patients’ records.
- There is a need for regular data upgrades.
- It causes great concern for patients with complicated and complex health details.
To make the digital health revolution a reality, digital health surrounds many depart such as telehealth, technology, telemedicine, etc.
In this department, remote exchange of data between patients and their physicians. It helps to diagnose, and monitor and is traditionally used to aid patients with long-term conditions.
Health information technology
Health information technology is the information technology that is concerned with the settings of healthcare. It is a safe and fixed exchange of health information between patients and medical professionals.
This is the application of technology of telecommunication to the provision of professional services by connecting clinician to patient, and clinician to clinician for assessment and consultation. It can be recognized as online therapy.
- It is convenient for women and children.
- It is affordable and convenient.
- It gives room for family members to be involved.
- It saves transportation costs.
- It is the best for remote areas.
Patient portal technology
This technology is referring to convenient online patients’ access to their health information.
- It gives access to the patients to interact with the doctor
- It is use-friendly.
- It also improves health outputs.
This involves a team of physicians that gives remote care and patient monitoring.
- Boosts access to medical technology
- In cases of emergency, it can be used to save lives.
Remote patient monitoring
Remote patient monitoring allows and assigns the patients to give a dedicated approach to their health. The objective of remote patient monitoring is to access the patient-generated data from home using a mobile health platform that is connected to the care providers team
- It has helped to improve and enhanced good care
- It saves money
- Remote patient monitoring provides the patient with education and support.
Objectives of digital health
- Less cost.
- Personalizing medicine for each patient’s design requirement and needs.
- Capabilities in healthcare delivery.
Digital health is an advanced step in the revolution of the practice of medicine. It helps in the doctor patients’ relationship as it reduces the distance between them by always keeping in touch. With this, problems can be managed in a better way.