How to fix Apple Watch notifications and control center issues
The design of the Apple Watch always includes a swipe-up interaction which displays the Control Center and its menu of buttons, and a slide-down interaction to display notifications. The only issue is that, occasionally, these interactions won’t function when you try them owing to an unreported and sporadic defect. Several potential remedies are discussed in this article.
- How to Effectively Use Apple Health on iPhone and Apple Watch?
- How to Connect Apple Watch to Wi-Fi Manually
- Guide on How to use Google Calendar on Apple Watch?
According to an article by Macrumors Many Apple Watch users have reported incidents where they are unable to access alerts or the Control Center with a swipe up or down on the watch face after updating to watch OS 8.5.1. In actuality, the issue predates watch OS 8 and has been discovered to occur on many Apple Watch models, making it a persistent flaw that crosses hardware and software. You can use one of these solutions to get access to Control Center and your notifications until Apple fixes the watch-face interaction issue.
Read: How to backup and restore your Apple Watch Easily
Method 1: Change the Apple Watch Face
Simply changing the watch face before attempting the other ways listed here.
Swiping left or right to change the watch face has brought back the Control Center and alerts interactions for certain users.
Method 2: Restart the Apple Watch
You can’t restart an Apple Watch while it’s charging, so make sure it’s unplugged before proceeding.
- Hold down the side button until the Power Off slider appears on the screen.
- Use your finger to move the Power Off slider.
- After turning off your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Method 3: Reset Your Apple Watch
If restarting does not resolve the problem, forcibly restart your Apple Watch. It should be noted that this should only be utilised as a last option. And, whatever you do, don’t forcibly restart your Apple Watch while it’s in the process of an OS upgrade.
- For at least 10 seconds, press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown.
- When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.
Method 4: Reconnect Apple Watch
Some people with the issue have found relief by separating their Apple Watch from their iPhone. It takes some work, but it’s definitely worth it if you’re missing the gestures that reveal Control Center and notifications.
- Bring your iPhone and Apple Watch close together, and then open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- From the My Watch menu, select All Watches.
- Tap the info I button to the right of the watch you want to unpair.
- Unpair your Apple Watch. (Retain your cellular plan for GPS + Cellular devices.)
- Tap one more to confirm. You may be asked for your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock.
- Bring your iPhone and Apple Watch together, and then launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
Your iPhone generates a new backup of your Apple Watch before wiping all material and settings on it. You may restore a fresh Apple Watch using the backup. You’ll see the Start Pairing notice once your Apple Watch unpairs. Then you may reconnect your watch to your iPhone as usual.
- Hold down the side button on your Apple Watch until the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for the notice “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” to display on your iPhone before tapping Continue.
- If you don’t see this message, open your iPhone’s Watch app, hit All Watches, and then press Pair New Watch.
- To re-pair your watch, follow the on-screen directions.
This article has been reviewed from Apple Watch Notifications or Control Center Not Working? How to Fix
Why is my notification center not working on Apple Watch?
Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center and check your connection. If your devices aren’t connected, you might see the red iPhone icon, the red X icon, or the Wi-Fi icon. Try to get your iPhone and Apple Watch to work together.
Why can’t I swipe up my control center on my Apple Watch?
Note: You can’t open Control Center on your Apple Watch from the Home Screen. Instead, press the Digital Crown to go to the watch face or an app, then press the Digital Crown again to open the Control Center. Close Control Center: Use the Digital Crown or swipe down from the top of the screen.
How do I restore control center on Apple Watch?
Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face. When the Control Center shows up, swipe up. Anyone can open Control Center from any screen.Advertisement