iOS 12 beta 3 changelogs: Fixed, new and known issues
iOS 12 beta 3 changelogs: Fixed, new and known issues – Apple has now released the iOS 12 Beta 3 for developers. The update comes a week after the first public beta for iOS 12, which was released on June 24th. The iOS 12 beta 3 fixes several issues from the developer beta two and introduces some new problems.
We went through Apple’s release notes for iOS 12 Beta 3. Below is a list of what’s new in Beta 3.
What’s new in iOS 12 Beta 3
- You can now update from iOS 10.2 and earlier to iOS 12 Beta via iTunes using the iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW firmware files.
- The weather widget now works in the iOS 12 beta.
- Taobao, Twitter, and Skype issues are now resolved.
- Action buttons for notifications are now visible when “Increase Contrast” settings are enabled.
- AirPods will now pause music when either earbud is removed.
- Fixed all CallKit issues.
- If a previous iOS 12 betas broke CarPlay connectivity in your car, iOS 12 beta 3 includes a fix to the problem.
- Spots for Phone and FaceTime:
- Stability improvements for FaceTime.
- FaceTime calls no longer give the “Poor Connection” error.
- Voicemail notifications are now displayed as usual.
- Improvements to Screen Time family sharing features.
- You can now set “Hey Siri” when Siri’s language is set to Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
- The media player UI displays graphics when a user plugs in a playback device such as headphones.
- Setting a custom shortcut now works correctly.
- Fortnite may exit unexpectedly while in use.
- In Day view, an event may appear on an unexpected date.
- Workaround: Switch to week or month view and then back to day view. Alternatively, you can exit and restart the Calendar.
- Phone and FaceTime issues:
- A No SIM notification may appear when the iPad restarts if an Apple SIM is
- inserted with no active data plan.
- Your device may not register with your phone number for iMessage and FaceTime.
- Workaround: Restart your device.
- Your device’s phone number may not appear under Phone > Contacts.
- You may constantly update the Cellular data section in Settings » Cellular.
- Screen Time data may not sync across iOS devices.
- The Wallet could exit unexpectedly on startup.
- Workaround: Use the application switcher to leave Wallet and then try relaunching it.
- Netflix can still throw tantrums on iOS 12.
- The route map for a workout may not be available.
- Phone and FaceTime:
- you cannot initiate Group FaceTime calls between iOS 12 beta 3 and the first iOS 12 betas.
- Workaround: Users should update to iOS 12 Beta 3.
- iPod touch (6th generation), iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad Air only support audio (no video) during Group FaceTime calls in iOS 12 beta.
- In iOS 12 beta, camera effects in Messages are only available on iPhone SE, and iPhone 6s or later are not available on iPad. Camera effects in FaceTime are only available on iPhone 7 or later and not on iPad.
- Wi-Fi calls may end unexpectedly when you switch from Wi-Fi to cellular while on the T-Mobile network.
- Screen Time:
- Picked Up Phone stats can inflate data syncing from other devices logged into the same iCloud account.
- A child’s Screen Time website usage will not appear on the parent’s device but can be read on the child’s device.
- The default always-allowed apps will only be permitted in downtime after tapping
- Settings > Screen Time > Always Allowed to refresh the list of apps.
- When creating a Screen Time password, use only numbers. Otherwise, it may become impossible to enter the password.
- Adding shortcuts to Siri may fail for shortcuts with images in PDF format.
- Workaround: Use a different image format.
- Siri suggestions for shortcuts are on iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th
- a generation or later), iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4.
- Do not sync voice memos with iTunes.