WhatsApp now supports the transfer of chat history from Android devices to iPhone – The most common problem that users face when migrating from Android phones to iOS is not being able to transfer their WhatsApp chat history. However, this issue is now over. Official Apple and WhatsApp support make it possible to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
Officially, users must download the app” Move To iOS For Apple on Android. This is the official app that will transfer all data, settings, and apps from your Android device to your iPhone.
WhatsApp supports the transfer of account information, profile pictures, chat history, chat history, media, and settings. You cannot however transfer your call history or display names.
Requirements to transfer WhatsApp conversations from Android to iPhone
* Your Android phone must be updated to OS Lollipop or SDK 21 or higher or Android 5 or greater
* iPhone must be running iOS 15.5 or higher.
* On your Android smartphone, launch the iOS app.
* To download the most recent version of WhatsApp for Android and iPhone.
* The same number can be used for Android.
* To pair your iPhone with the Move to iOS app, and transfer data from Android phones to it, you must factory reset it.
* Both devices should be connected to a power source.
* The devices must be connected to the same WiFi network. If not, you will need an iPhone hotspot to connect to your Android device.
How to transfer WhatsApp conversations from Android to iPhone
You will first need to open the Move To iOS app for Android and follow the instructions. You may also need to agree to the terms and conditions.
* An email will be sent to your iPhone to confirm the switch. In your Android phone, enter the code.
* Click “Continue”, and choose WhatsApp from the “Data Transfer” screen.
* Click Start on Android and wait for WhatsApp’s export data preparation.
Once the data has been set, your Android phone will be disconnected.
* To return to the Move To iOS app, click Next.
* Click Continue to wait for the app’s transfer of your data from Android to your iPhone to complete.
* Then, you must install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
* Open WhatsApp, and log in with the same number as your Android phone.
* Click “Start”, to begin the process.
* You will then be able to see all of your conversations on your iPhone.
WhatsApp says that your data is not being transferred to cloud storage unless you make an iCloud backup. WhatsApp can’t see what data you are transferring, and your Android phone will keep your data until you delete WhatsApp or wipe all content.
WhatsApp has officially announced the feature. However, it will take approximately a week for all users to see it as it is slowly rolling out.