Mozilla Firefox has an official page that is dedicated specifically for extensions and themes. You can browse through numerous types of plug-ins, for both productivity enhancement as well as to add additional functions for the web browser. It is good to know that the procedure installing them is simple and easy. In this article, I will guide you through this.
It is essential to know that Firefox extensions are only available for installation only in Firefox itself. This means it’s impossible to install an extension that is available through the Mozilla store into Google Chrome or any other competitor. To download and install the browser on your PC for free, just go to mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new .
How to install extension on Mozilla
So, follow the steps below for a guide on how to install plugins to Mozilla Firefox:
- Visit the extension page:
With Firefox open, go to addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox ;
- Look for the extension:
Go down to locate the extension you’re looking to download or If you prefer using the search bar located in the upper right corner of the screen to look up a specific tool;
- The extension should be added:
Once you’ve accessed the web page dedicated for the extension Click on the “Add to Firefox” button;
- Verify the installation:
The browser will show an alert pop-up that appears beneath the address bar. Select “Add” to finish.
How to remove extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the browser, and then select the menu (three vertical line) in the upper-right corner.
- Choose”Extensions and themes“; click on the “Extensions and Themes” option;
- Under the “Extension management” section, Firefox will display all the installed extensions. Choose the one you want to remove and click the three dots beside the name.
- “Remove” and then click “Remove” and when a confirmation pop-up displays Click “Remove” again to complete.
It’s important to note that apart from extensions, you can also find many themes for your browser. If you’ve set up one, and there is a reason why you don’t like how it appears, the procedure to remove it is basically similar. Only difference is, after the second step, you need to select “Themes” in the left side menu.