You can use ring doorbell alexa voice commands to CONNECT RING DOOR BELL TO ALEXA, answer your door, speak to visitors, receive a live look from your camera feed, and more by connecting the Amazon Echo Show, Fire TV, or Fire Tablet to your Ring device.
On your smartphone or tablet, you must first download the ring doorbell alexa app. Download the Alexa app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for iOS devices (Android devices). You must make sure you are using the most recent version of the Ring app if you already own it. The operating system of your mobile device might also need to be updated.
The Alexa app, go as follows to add Ring as a skill:
Open the ring doorbell alexa app and choose the More button (three horizontal lines) in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Games & Tap Skills
- The magnifying glass-shaped search symbol is in the upper right corner. Tap it.
- Fill out the search form with Ring.
- Ring the bell (first result)
- Select Use by tapping.
To link your Ring account to your Amazon account, sign in using those credentials on the next screen. If your Amazon and Ring accounts are already connected, select Enable Skill or Enable Skill instead.
- Tap Discover Devices when the Skill has been enabled.
- Your whole Ring device collection will have Alexa enabled.
- Tap Devices, All Devices, the desired device, and then scroll down to switch Enabled to Disabled to disable Alexa from that specific device.
Before connecting your Ring gadget to your Alexa-enabled device, make sure it functions as planned. You may ask Alexa to find your devices by saying “Alexa, discover my devices” or by tapping the Devices icon in the Alexa app’s footer if your Ring devices aren’t found after you press Discover Devices.
Set up chime notifications for Alexa-enabled devices
You can set up chime notifications to receive a notification on your Echo or Fire TV device when someone hits your doorbell once you’ve linked your Ring doorbell to the Voice assistant device.
Get chime notifications by doing the following:
- Tap the Devices icon in the bottom of the Alexa app once it is open.
- Toggle All Devices on the top menu.
- By pressing the video doorbell,
- Knock on the door Press Releases to turn on the function
Make that Communication and Announcements are switched on in the Alexa app for each Alexa device you set up for chime notifications, and that Do Not Disturb is not activated.
Use Alexa to open the door
Once your ring doorbell alexa is linked to an Alexa-enabled device, you can use your Echo or Fire TV to answer the door and converse with guests.
- You may speak to your guest by saying:
- Talk to [Ring Doorbell Name] with Alexa.
- Alexa, please answer [Name of Doorbell].
Tips for fixing issues with Alexa and Ring
- Low battery life may cause your Ring gadget to “wake up” after getting a command for at least 30 seconds or more. By using a reusable Quick Release Battery Pack, you can guarantee that your gadget is constantly charged.
- You might need to use a Chime Pro to expand your wifi network if your Alexa-enabled gadget is having trouble reconnecting to your Ring gadget or is unable to connect at all. This will help the device signals.
- To access further information and help, go to the Amazon Alexa Help Centre.