How to find hidden apps on Android – Find apps that hide their function
How to find Android’s hidden apps – Learn how to find hidden Android apps and view all installed software that is not displayed on the home screen. It’s possible to assume that all installed apps show up on the Android home screen. But things don’t quite work like that. Some hidden apps might be hidden to perform task that users does not approve or would not if they are aware. If you an iPhone user try to learn How to Disable App Store Notifications iOS/iPadOS.
There are some apps that can be hidden so they are not always visible on the screen of your device, and it requires a few steps to reveal them.
How to view Android’s hidden apps
On Android, there are a few ways to check hidden apps. Parents who want to monitor what their children are doing on their phones or who want to find out if you have any secret apps on your phone may use these searches.
On the Menu screen
- Android users can access the apps screen by swiping up from the bottom.
- The three dots should be tapped in the upper right corner.
- Choosing “Settings”;
- Select “Hide apps”;
- The “Hidden apps” division contains hidden applications;
- Open the Android settings (looks like Gear button)
- the “Applications” option;
- Select “Your apps” from the display menu by tapping there;
- Select “All” under “Filter by”;
- Once you click “Ok,” a list of all installed apps will appear.
Find apps that hide their function
There are a number of seemingly straightforward apps in the Play Store that offer additional features like saving images, videos, and other documents. One illustration is the Smart Hide Calculator, which looks like a standard calculator but is actually used to hide media files.
The following steps will show you how to determine an Android app’s true purpose:
- The icon of the application you want to check should be long-pressed;
- Tap the I icon in the top-right corner of the menu that appears;
- Select “App Store Details” from the menu’s scroll-down list.
- You will be taken to the Play Store, where you can view the app’s official information.